When it comes to engagement rings, every bride has her own unique preferences. Some brides may want to design their own rings. Other brides may want the same exact ring that her best friend is wearing. Still other brides may look to the current trending ring designs for inspiration. In the past year, these five ring styles have risen to the top of the pack in popularity. If you need some inspiration to give to your groom-to-be, these top five rated rings can help!
1. Colored Stones.
The first ultra-hot engagement ring trend to take note of is the use of colored stones in place of the traditional clear diamond. This could mean selecting a colored diamond or another colored precious or semi-precious stone. Options here might include selecting the bride’s birthstone, or choosing a stone that has personal significance.
2. Surrounding a Diamond With Colored Stones.
The next hot trend for engagement rings is putting a diamond into a setting where it is accented or surrounded with non-diamond colored stones. There can be just two side stones or even an entire ring of colored stones.
3. Simple Settings.
Perhaps it is because the country as a whole has a “save the planet” attitude these days, but recently there has been a noticeable return to simple, classic settings for engagement rings. This – happily – also leaves the lovely center stone sitting front and center for everyone to admire on the bride-to-be’s finger!
4. Classic Cuts.
In the same way, along with simple settings, there has been an equally noticeable demand for a return to the “classics” in diamond (and other stone) cuts – the Emerald-Cut, the Princess-Cut, the Oval-Cut, and the Round-Cut all make the grade for most popular cuts in recent trends.
5. Celebrity Ring Lookalikes.
A trend that will not surprise is the desire couples express for exact duplicates of their favorite celebrity’s ring pairings. Some of the top celebrity ring styles that have been in demand of late include these:
- Kate Middleton’s 18-carat oval blue sapphire ring surrounded by diamonds.
- Angelina Jolie’s 16-carat emerald cut diamond with smaller emerald cut diamonds on the band.
- Beyonce’s 20-carat square cut single diamond on a simple platinum band.
- Kim Kardashian’s 16.5-carat emerald cut diamond surrounded by two trapezoid cut diamonds.
- Mariah Carey’s 17-carat diamond with a pink center in an emerald cut, totally encircled with 58 small pink diamonds and two half-moon cut side diamonds.
With these five trending engagement ring ideas in mind, you can “help” your fiancé-to-be pick out the absolute perfect engagement ring for the moment he pops the question!